Vermont Law and Graduate School Hosts FEMA and SBA Assistance Clinics for Homeowners, Renters and Businesses
September 11, 2023 @ 2:00 am - 6:00 pm
In response to the urgent need for assistance following the challenges caused by this summer’s flooding, Vermont Law and Graduate School (VLGS) will host free clinics to provide legal support to homeowners, renters and business owners seeking aid through FEMA grants and Small Business Association loans.
The Sept. 12 deadline to submit applications for businesses and individuals is quickly approaching.
VLGS’ Entrepreneurial Legal Laboratory (VLSell) and the Environmental Justice Clinic are collaborating to host pop-up clinics to guide people through the application and appeals processes and address any questions they might have.
Join us on Monday, Sept. 11, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Barre at the Aldrich Public Library in the Milne Common Room.
Individuals can come prepared to the clinic with the following items:
– Pictures of before and after the flood if accessible
– Receipts of repairs, replacement items, and lodging if displaced from flooding
– Insurance information, including a reply or settlement from insurance after claim was submitted
– Household income information
– Any additional notes about damages, losses, and impacts from flooding