For over 100 years an impressive Greek Revival house anchored the north end of Main Street at its intersection with Spring Street. Built circa 1835 for Roger Hubbard, an early settler of the village, the house features four wooden Tuscan columns supporting a projecting pediment. Ownership of the house passed to Roger’s son Erastus in 1850, and to Erastus’s son John in 1890. After John Hubbard, donor of the park and library that carry the family name, died in 1899, the house was sold to James M. Boutwell, a wealthy granite quarry owner. Boutwell left the house to his wife, who sold it to the Free and Accepted Masons in 1945. Five years later, the Masons hired Bernard Neill to move it to a lot on Franklin Street. It took him a month to move the structure to its current location at 14 Franklin Street. In 1950 the Masons built a new lodge at 156 Main Street that they occupied until 2000, when it was converted to medical offices.