- August 18: 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Barre Auditorium, 16 Auditorium Hill.
- August 18: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Capitol Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, 100 State Street, Montpelier..
- August 26: 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m, Central Vermont Medical Center, 130 Fisher Road, Berlin.
- August 27: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Montpelier Senior Activity Center, 58 Barre Street, Montpelier..
- August 31: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., National Life, 1 National Life Drive, Montpelier.
Did you know about 62% of the U.S. population is eligible to give blood? But, only about 3% do. By making an appointment to help save lives with the American Red Cross in August, donors can pump up the blood supply and keep it from falling to shortage levels. Platelet donors are especially needed now. As a thank-you, all who come to give blood between now and August 31 will be automatically entered for a chance to win gas for a year, a $6,000 value. There will be three lucky winners. Everyone who comes to give blood or platelets in August will also receive a $10 e-gift card to a merchant of choice. Donors can schedule an appointment to give using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, by visiting RedCrossBlood.org, or by calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Upcoming blood donation opportunities: