UNDERWRITING SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
Then & Now, 7.21.21
The Twin City Motel on the Barre-Montpelier Road, soon to be acquired by the Good Samaritan Haven, is a well-maintained example of Vermont’s early tourist infrastructure. Located on a busy country road between two cities, this stop provided gas, Coca-Cola, and maple products to the touring public. In the early 1950s the “Twin City Motor Court” was owned by Michael and Leona Wobby of Barre. In 1958 they sold it to the Gagnon family, which still owns the property. Three of the original 12 cabins are still part of the property; the upper motel section burned in 1958.