UNDERWRITING SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
Then & Now, 6.9.21
A miniature golf course in downtown Montpelier? How cool would that be? Such an attraction existed at 25 School Street for one glorious year. The golf course, the brain-child of Dr. H. C. Minott and Glenn George, opened in September 1930. The course was immensely popular with residents, but the Depression was raging and the course was sold to Morris Gould in October 1931. He ran charity tournaments for the unemployed in November and announced plans to move the course to his home on Northfield Street. It is not clear if that plan materialized, but in 1952 a new New England Telephone and Telegraph building was constructed on the School Street site.