Home Uncategorized Then & Now 8.12.20

Then & Now 8.12.20

76
0

Present-day drivers on River Street may notice the initials “BPOE” on a chimney at the back of a building on the other side of the river. This was the former home of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (BPOE), Lodge 924, at 31 Barre Street. The building was constructed for the club in about 1913. They built a new building on Country Club Road in 1962, and this building on Barre Street is now a 9-unit apartment house.