Home Columns Then and Now

Then and Now

0

Homes on Wilder, Hubbard, Barre, and Ridge Streets can be seen in this 1905 postcard view from the entrance to Blanchard Park off of Wilder Street.

The current view, although not taken from exactly the same spot, shows some of the same houses further down Wilder Street. Today, the houses on Ridge Street are completely blocked by vegetation, and trees in the park prevent getting a higher view o fthe neighborhood.
The wall at the corner of Wilder and Fullerton (now Monsignor Crosby Place) Streets was first constructed in 1898 but had to be moved 10 feet back into the Blanchard property six years later because of a land dispute.